A Master of Design (MDes, M.Des. or M.Design) is a postgraduate academic master degree in the field of Design awarded by several academic institutions around the world. Below, providing you a curated list of colleges/institutions awarding design grooming, knowledge and M.Des course.
1. NID - National Institute of Design, offers a 2.5 years M.Des course in Product Design, Furniture Design, Graphic Design, Animation Film Design, Film & Video Communication Design, Exhibition Design, Textile Design, Toy & Game Design, Photography Design, Apparel Design, Transportation Design, Lifestyle Accessory Design, New Media Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Retail Experience Design, Universal Design, Digital Game Design from its three campuses at Ahmedabad (Main campus), Bangalore (R&D campus) and Gandhinagar (PG campus), India.
2. IISC Bangalore - Indian Institute of Science, Center for Product Design and Manufacturing, Bangalore, India, awards a Master of Design in Product Design and Engineering in a two-year program.
3. IIIT - Kancheepuram Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Kancheepuram, offers a M.Des course in Electronics, Communication and Mechanical system design.
4. IIT Guwahati - Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India, awards a M.Des degree in a two-year program.
5. IIT Kanpur - Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, awards a M.Des degree in a two-year program.
6. IDC Mumbai - Industrial Design Centre of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, awards a Master of Design degree in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, and Mobility and Vehicle Design. All programs require two years of study.
7. IIT Hyderabad - Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India, awards a M.Des degree in a two-year program.
8. IIIT Jabalpur - Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, India awards a M.Des degree in Product Design, Interaction Design & Visual Communication and also PhD in Design.
9. IIT Delhi - Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Delhi, India, offers post-graduate programs in M.Des and the admission is through CEED.
10. NIFT - National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, India, offers Master programmes in M.Des (master in design), M.F.M. (Master in Fashion Management) M. FTech. (Master in Fashion Technology)
11. DAIICT - Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology , Gandhinagar, India, awards an M.Des. degree in a two-year program.
12. SoDS - School of Design Studies – UPES Dehradun, Dehradun, India, offers M.Des degrees in (a)Industrial design, (b)Product Design, (c)Interior Design, (d)Transportation Design.